Blend modes and transparency

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I'm trying to play around with blend modes, and I'm having trouble figuring this out:

Ideally I'd like to have 2 sprites - one sprite as the "solid object", and one sprite as the blend mode sprite. I want the blend mode sprite to be completely transparent, but when it overlaps the "solid object" sprite, it makes the the bits of the "solid object" sprite that are overlapping transparent as well. Is this possible using blend modes, or does this require something more sophisticated?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

• Hello korbaach , your examples are great!

Do you know of a way to do the opposite? I mean to use the opaque parts of a sprite in order to display the Sprites below. But with out the need of a huge sprite that is mostly empty.

The "destination in" does that but only on the parts that the Sprite physically cover. Everything outside the boundaries of the masking sprite is visible. And if put on a layer with "forced own texture" it masks out all the layers below, not just the one that exists directly below.

I have a lens flare example here and I faced this problem. I wanted a sprite to display a small portion of a layer at any time and I had to use a humongous sprite just to show a small area below. I am talking about the "HotSpot" sprite on the "DirtyLens" layer.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any tips!

• korbaach - Of course! I always keep forgetting about the force texture settings.

Thank you!

• Do you know of a way to do the opposite? I mean to use the opaque parts of a sprite in order to display the Sprites below. But with out the need of a huge sprite that is mostly empty.

Thanks eliOs!

..I think this is not possible...

for masking a small part of you need a small sprite..for masking whole screen you need huge sprite...

..in some situations, can be used Source atop to show Sprite above ...I believe that you know that..

I saw your Lens flare example..great job!

Edit: ..example..just for fun

• korbaach , hahaha, very creative!

I've added an extra... gameplay feature, a clicking sound to guide you towards... you

• Hahaha..

eli0s........perfect

• korbaach , hehehehe, add to that a timer and a score and we have a simple game already

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)