How do I: Binding of Isaac Roomthing

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Hey Guys

At the moment im trying to make a kind of mix of Zelda and The Binding of Isaac. For the Rooms I need these 2 things:

1.: The normal Binfing of Isaac Room System: You're in a room and if you , for example, killed all Enemys in that Room, the "Doors" should open and youre able to go to the next room, maybe one on bootm and one on the side. If youre in that new room, after fighting, you should be able to go back to the room before (where you dont have to fight again) and another door opens, so you can go in another new room.

2.: Randomization. Every Room should be created randomly.. Is this even possible in Construct? And if yes, how?

My current state of the game (Mostly just basic things): mediafire.com/?lnw9mb1o259w16c

• Please help me :O

• There many ways to make this :

You can use variable and add 1 to it every time you kill enemy then:

variable = 5 ---- destroy door 1.

variable = 10---- destroy door 2.

variable = 15 ---- destroy door 3.

etc......

• There many ways to make this :

You can use variable and add 1 to it every time you kill enemy then:

variable = 5 ---- destroy door 1.

variable = 10---- destroy door 2.

variable = 15 ---- destroy door 3.

etc......

Well right.. but the main thing is the randomization.. I want to create random rooms with random enemys, so there could come 3 or maybe 4 or whatever enyms. And then the combination, when i have killed that enemys, i can go through the doors to other randomly generated rooms.

• You can set invisible sprites in the doors and when the player collide with them - spawn random enemies in the room.

And you can use enemy family and spawn different enemies from the family.

• You can set invisible sprites in the doors and when the player collide with them - spawn random enemies in the room.

And you can use enemy family and spawn different enemies from the family.

But the main thing is still the random room generation. So when i go through a door to a new room (probably every room is a layout), it gets generated random

• I'd like to point out that every room in the Binding of Isaac was hand designed by either Edmund or someone else on the team in Rebirth's case, the only thing that is randomized is which room is chosen and what items drop, tinted rocks, and then of course some rooms have the chance to have black market's and other stuff. That being said, randomly generating anything is a big task and it's something you can read a ton about if you google, so you should do that first before you ask someone else to build a system for you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Take a look at these:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)