there is a big porblem on c2,sprite behavior is consume cpu even behavior is disable

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • there is a big porblem on c2,sprite behavior is consume cpu even behavior is disable

but c3 do not have this problem

look this 8000 sprite only add bullet behavior,but enable is false, consume 18%cpu

if i delete bullet behavior for 8000 sprite cpu consume only 1%

how to solve it????

• It's the same in "C2 runtime" in Construct 3. And it's not just Bullet, pretty much any behavior..

I'm guessing this is how C2 engine works. If this was a bug, it would have been discovered and fixed long time ago.

• It's not one big porblem, it's a lot of little ones.

• It's the same in "C2 runtime" in Construct 3. And it's not just Bullet, pretty much any behavior..

I'm guessing this is how C2 engine works. If this was a bug, it would have been discovered and fixed long time ago.

so Can't c2runtime to be optimized? c3 is good ,i want use c3 , but some plugin is not transplant to c3, like rex ,s gridctrl pin to image point ,how to transplant them to c3 thanks

• IIRC in the C2 runtime disabled behaviors are still ticked, but the tick does nothing. So if you have 8000 instances with a disabled behavior it still has to iterate all 8000 but ends up doing nothing. In the C3 runtime we fixed this so disabled behaviors are not ticked at all, so if all 8000 behaviors are disabled it does nothing. This was part of a fundamental rewrite of the runtime and these kinds of changes will not be backported to the C2 runtime.

• wouldnt

this.runtime.untickMe(this);

Help with the problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • wouldnt

> 	this.runtime.untickMe(this);

Help with the problem?

No, that only applies to plugins. Behaviors can't use that in the C2 runtime. They can in the C3 runtime.

• IIRC in the C2 runtime disabled behaviors are still ticked, but the tick does nothing. So if you have 8000 instances with a disabled behavior it still has to iterate all 8000 but ends up doing nothing. In the C3 runtime we fixed this so disabled behaviors are not ticked at all, so if all 8000 behaviors are disabled it does nothing. This was part of a fundamental rewrite of the runtime and these kinds of changes will not be backported to the C2 runtime.

thanks for your answer,i really want use c3 but my game is use to much c2 3rd plugin ,i will buy c3 for new game ,but my game need use c2 , over 5000+ event it ,hard to transplant to c3 ,

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)