I saw a few threads on this topic, but haven't found a solution that works for me. I am developing a game for Android and have been using the deprecated Ludei's Cocoon.
Question: What is the best way to display global highscores?
What I want to do:
- There are a set of local highscores, but user can submit their score to the global list
- There should be a way to view the highscore list and paginate through them
- User can see where they stand in the total global list
- Do you scrape or pull APIs from the GooglePlay leaderboards? If so, how?
- Do you set up a PHP/SQL file on a server somewhere and send information from my game?