Beginner Animation Problem

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Latency independent responsive controls. Beginner friendly documented.
  • Hi,

I am doing Ashley's platform tutorial, which I find relatively easy to understand. However, I am having some issues with the animations not behaving the way it should. For example, I can't change the animation back to Idle after the player had stopped running or the jump animation not playing when the player is mirrored. I don't know what I'm missing here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is the link to my project:

Jungle Platformer Project

It's 2am here in the UK, and I'm off to my bed. But I'll check back first thing in the morning. Cheers.

• Hi,

this is cause you do not switch back from the "moving" animations to idle in each case. You should perform a change in all cases that occur when the figure is controlled by the player.

• Hi xeed,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still trying to figure out what you meant by "switch back from the "moving" animations to idle in each case".

If i set the animation to "Idle" when the event "Platform On stopped" is triggered, will it not play the "Idle" animation regardless of what the last animation was playing? The weird thing is, the problem was solved after I renamed the "Idle" animation to "Static". But now my player would just slide when it tries to play the "Run" animation after being idle. Well I guess I didn't solve the problem. I am still going to try out the solution you offered, but I need a bit more explanation. Thanks again. I appreciate you taking time to reply to my post.

Cheers!

• Since your player graphic has many arranged frames, you should solve these events in (grouped) pieces, and select the right animation cases for each control activity in your player graphic.

This manual should be usefull

scirra.com/manual/87/8-direction

It describes the exact conditions set by the controller keys.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I finally solved the problem. After reading Velojet's "Building a platform game - a beginner's guide", I realized that I was using the wrong keyboard event. I was using the "on key pressed" when I should be using the "on key down" event. Thank you Velojet for that awesome tutorial. And thank you xeed for pointing me to that useful manual. Thanks guys!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)