How do I avoid the top of my text objects being cut?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Hi everyone,

I'm using text objects for all the texts in my game, but many times the very top of the text is cut.

It was already the case in the english/worldwide game, but for the Chinese audience, this is very problematic.

Here is an example of what I have in my game (left) and how it should be displayed (right).

Any idea how I can avoid that? Line height didn't seem to help, unless I'm misusing it...

Switching all text to spritefont is not an option.

Moving the text higher on the screen and adding newline& at the beginning of all lines is not an option (unless it's possible to append a text at the beginning of the text object, but I don't think this is possible) because there are thousands of lines which would need to be edited manually.

Setting the vertical alignment to center is a solution, but probably means days of work, so I'm hoping for an easier solution.

Thanks for your help!

PS: I have this problem on a C2 game, but the exact same thing happen in C3.

• FWIW it is actually fixed in C3 providing you enable BBcode on the text object. (If you import a C2 project this is left off for backwards compatibility.) In BBcode mode C3 uses a slightly different text layout approach which moves the text down a bit, ensuring any tall characters are within the object box and not cut off.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the reply and the clarification about the problem in C3.

I guess it means that there is no workaround in C2. :-/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)