How do you use your autosave file?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I have set my project to autosave every 20. The autosave is stored in a autosave file. Yesterday the power ran out while i was working on my project. I hadn't saved for a long time so when the power came back and i opened my project alot of things was gone since i hadn't saved in a while. But the autosave has all the data. The problem is when i try to open my autosave it says that the document is empty and error. There must be a way to use the autosave, what would be purpose for them existing otherwise?

• You have to rename the autosave file to a capX file to be able to read or write it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have set my project to autosave every 20. The autosave is stored in a autosave file. Yesterday the power ran out while i was working on my project. I hadn't saved for a long time so when the power came back and i opened my project alot of things was gone since i hadn't saved in a while. But the autosave has all the data. The problem is when i try to open my autosave it says that the document is empty and error. There must be a way to use the autosave, what would be purpose for them existing otherwise?

It's all covered in the Manual, which includes:

[quote:15n1bh4c]In the event of a crash, power failure, or even just accidentally closing and not saving, the project can be recovered from the last autosave by renaming the file with the .capx.autosave extension to just .capx and opening it again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)