How do I make autorunner template actually work.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Hey everyone,

I started messing around with the autorunner template today. I got some pretty interesting results and I feel like the game is actually going somewhere. Still, given how new I am to this whole construct 2 thingy, I have stumbled upon quite a few obstacles.

Attached you will find my .capx. I kindly ask you to give me advice on how to solve some of the, to my understanding, very basic things.

1. Ignoring the running animation, the stickyman has two problems. The first problem is that he is slower than the platform. I have tested numerous speed numbers but I guess the real solution to this is create some kind of a formula which I obviously don't know. In order to test this claim just let the stickyman run for himself, without touching anything. You will clearly see that he is moving slower than the rest of the game thus making him disappear of the layout. I want him fixed in a permanent position. I do not know how to do that.

2. The jumping is not responsive. This is the issue in the template itself. Simply put, the stickyman does not jump whenever I press the button. I think it has something to do with the events list, since I feel that it is somehow connected to the...

3. ...fact that if you just let him run, the moment he approaches the ledge he will teleport to the abyss all by himself. I think it's part of the lines 9 and 10 of the code that come naturally with the autorunner template. Test it yourself, let him approach the ledge and you will see what happens.

4. I am having troubles making the blue pixel (which should present either a coin or a power-up) be consistent in showing up. I tried making it always appear above the platform and randomly around the map but to no avail. This part just completely disregards any of my requests. I guess my logic is simply flawed so the program does not really understand what I am trying to tell it :/

Thank you very much for all your advice and help. I feel like this forum is the most vibrant community forum out there.

Cheers!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would recommend you look at Ashley's excellent platform tutorial, as many of the issues you are experiencing will then be obvious.

For instance, your main animated sprite - which has the Platform behavior assigned, which is not recommended - has a totally random collision polygon for the separate frames. This will have numerous consequences such as bad collisions, unstable platform movement and many more.

• I would recommend you look at Ashley's excellent platform tutorial, as many of the issues you are experiencing will then be obvious.

For instance, your main animated sprite - which has the Platform behavior assigned, which is not recommended - has a totally random collision polygon for the separate frames. This will have numerous consequences such as bad collisions, unstable platform movement and many more.

Thank you. The platform behavior was already there, I just changed the sprites and animations.

I will check the tutorial out and see if I can find solutions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)