Auto-Runner Template question

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • I've been using the Auto-Runner template and was wondering, Is there a way to have the player run and land on the platform couple of pixels lower than how it is now?

In the template, the player runs and lands on the top of the platform, i wanted it so that it runs and lands a little lower on the platform.

I hope i've made it clear to understand what i'm looking for.

I've tried to do it but i'm finding it difficult to do considering that the platform has a solid behaviour so the player will always land on top.

Would appriciate any help on this.

• The platform he lands on has the solid behavior right? What you could do is remove the solid behavior from it.

Create a new sprite, set it to invisible, give that the solid behavior, resize it to the length (lengths) and width you desire and place it just over the previous platform.

Just set it a little lower though until you get to where you want your player to land. Test and modify it until you have your player hit the desired spot on the platform.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Or you could try and move the top part of the collision box down a couple pixels.

• jeffige

I got excited when i read your suggestion as i didn't think of that and seems obvious, but unfortunately, the platform is a tiled background so unless i'm mistaken, you can't modify collision points.

staleevolution

Thanks for the suggestion. Thing is, the platform generates at random width and height, so how do i get the platform and invisible sprite the same when they're created?

• You need something like this

Platform = on created = Platform create object invisible platform

• I think PixelPower's suggestion might work with what you asked me.

• jeffige

I got excited when i read your suggestion as i didn't think of that and seems obvious, but unfortunately, the platform is a tiled background so unless i'm mistaken, you can't modify collision points.

Could you not move the collision box on the avatar up a couple of pixels instead?

Alternatively, how about changing the tiled background for a tilemap? You can set the collision individually for each tile.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)