Auto-resize text boxes

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • How do I auto-resize textboxes? Is this possible / a feature that's on the docket to be added? Two situations where I need this:

(1) Mixing and matching font styles for a large block of text (bold header of variable length followed by regular text followed by italicized text). Right now I'm not sure how to make sure everything lines up perfectly.

(2) Tooltips (creating the size of the semi-transparent box behind the tooltip text)

Mipey's spritefont plugin used to be able to do this with Set Resize Mode I believe, but forum searches on the official spritefont and text objects only turned up the workaround of multiplying every character by character width to determine the length of the string and calculating it manually (seems really inefficient for a large block of text).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I need to create a text box with an image that can be resized according to the text. Like a whatsapp message box

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)