Audio not starting / stopping after returning to Layout

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hello,

for some reason I can not see why the audio stops after the 'go to layout' event.

I don't remember that happenning in the old version of Construct I was using before...

Maybe someone can help me with the short capx file? thanks a lot

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByAbx ... VlVWTNfbFk

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried your capx and the music was playing in both layouts?

Did you by accident start your game in layout 2 which would not start the music?

• Hi Lamar,

Starting from the layout 1, when I go to Layout 2 and then return to Layout 1, the music stops.

Isn't that happenning to you? thanks

• Hi Lamar,

Starting from the layout 1, when I go to Layout 2 and then return to Layout 1, the music stops.

Isn't that happenning to you? thanks

No it worked fine and clicked on sprite and music started and it went to layout 2 and music was still playing?

The music did restart after going back to layout 1 because you have that in your on start of layout events.

If you don't want it to restart remove that from your on start event and use a global variable to trigger it which will keep it looping if you want.

• It is so strange... why in my C2 when I go back from Layout2 to Layout1 the music stops (without restarting, can't hear it anymore)...

Maybe something to do with the C2 version I just bought? Release 239 64bit thanks

• It is so strange... why in my C2 when I go back from Layout2 to Layout1 the music stops (without restarting, can't hear it anymore)...

Maybe something to do with the C2 version I just bought? Release 239 64bit thanks

I just checked your CAPX again to make sure I wasn't hearing things (I'm old) and it seems to work fine.

The music starts in layout one automatically. You left click on the man sprite and it goes to layout two and music still playing. You click on layout sprite fish and it goes back to layout one and restarts the music.

• Thank you Lamar...

guess I'll have to reinstall C2

• Thank you Lamar...

guess I'll have to reinstall C2

Before you go that far check your audio card has not crashed and maybe try it on a different computer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)