Audio hangs up on desktop version ??

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • Howdy-- i have a project that is about 32 pages with a .png file and a button for each page and an audio file in the correct format. If i need to upload a .capx file to be seen I will be glad to. It is somewhere around 495 mb in the desktop download. Each page has an audio file that goes with the text. After 10 pages or so, the audio starts to hang up and play screw-ie and-- I wonder if it has hit the limit of the browser cache for my computer or if there might be another reason that someone in the forums is familiar with ?? When I close the desktop program and then re-open it, the project again plays well for about another 10 pages before it does it again. I have to re-open twice or thrice to go through all 32 pages. When it hangs up the whole project hangs up, and the mouse moves slow and the play audio button hangs as well. I don't delete the audio after it plays-- i just have it stop all sounds when the next page loads. I would be grateful for any reply or help at all &&

kind regards, mark-p.

• I don't really see anything that addresses this in the manual or the help forums-- again, if this is too vauge i can upload a .capx file. Am grateful for any reply at all.

kind regards, mark-p.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's no point in uploading your entire game; I doubt anybody would download 500MB then trawl through it to find your issue.

Your best bet is to try to first try to isolate the problem in your game: Save a copy of your game and strip out all the visuals and extra stuff, leaving just the audio. If the problem persists, keep stripping out stuff until it goes away. At that point, you should be able to figure out exactly what's causing the trouble - it's very likely to be just an error in your code, maybe an endless loop or something else sucking up resources.

If none of that is fruitful, test it on multiple browsers, as well as node-webkit. And if you've got access to another PC, test it on that, too.

• Hey-- thanks && actually am in the process of doing just that now-- && agree is probably a code bug on my part. The node-webkit version is the version i am talking about here-- sorry to not be clear. I thank you for your reply &&

kind regards, mark-p.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)