Arrays, but with strings?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This collection of music is the beautiful performance of rather small strings ensemble (8 first violins, 6 second violin
  • Is there an included or 3rd party plugin for this? I want it to be Bank,Opera,A instead of 0,0,0 because numbers make it complicated for me because I am using 3-4 arrays at once for a function I want to implement. Dictionary doesn't serve the purpose for it because there will be hundreds of values to be automatically added, manually added or reached easily with parameters and actions like for each etc.

And, can the original Array plugin be edited to allow strings so I can use it as a separate plugin for myself? Maybe it's not mathematically possible but I just wanted to know.

Tagged:

• You can put strings into an array.

Strings must be in quotes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can put strings into an array.

Strings must be in quotes.

I am talking about this

• If it has to be a 2D array with strings as headers, you can try CSV addon:

construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/addons-29/plugin-csv-csv2array-csv2dicti-41868

Another option is to add a bunch of constants, for example:

Global Constant BANK=1

Global Constant OPERA=2

Then you can use them in expressions - Array.At(0, OPERA)

• The Json object would be more in line with that, but it's a bit of a pain to figure out.

• If it has to be a 2D array with strings as headers, you can try CSV addon:

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/addons-29/plugin-csv-csv2array-csv2dicti-41868

Another option is to add a bunch of constants, for example:

Global Constant BANK=1

Global Constant OPERA=2

Then you can use them in expressions - Array.At(0, OPERA)

Thank you a lot for answering. And yes, actually constants may help to an extent but I will need to use about 40-50 of that. We'll see. Eren suggested me to use TaffyDB. I'll look into csv too. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)