How to apply precision movement with Gamepad joystick

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A smart joystick plugin, perfect for all mobile games.
  • I have a aiming cursor that can be controlled with a joystick.

I wanted to apply precision movement to the joystick controls, where the cursor movement speed is dependant on how much you move the joystick in a direction.

Think of the camera control in games like Call of Duty where you can move the camera/aim with the right stick, if you move the joystick in a direction lightly, the camera moves slowly and moves quicker the further you move the joystick. (hope i've explained it clearly)

Here's my capx -

dropbox.com/s/ca8qlf85vmo4awm/Gamepad%20Cursor.capx

I've tried to do this but haven't had any luck, so i'd appreciate some help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • See event #7 in this example:

dropbox.com/s/mnwudpcocy1k823/GamepadAim.capx

• dop2000

Thanks for the link, it's pretty good but it's nearly what i'm looking for.

The precision movement itself works well and is what i wanted but i don't want the aim movement in the capx you provided, where it resets to the middle and basically moves around an axis.

I want to use the aim movement from my capx with the precision movement from your capx.

Basically, i want to move the aim like a mouse, only using the joystick to control it. The slower i move the joystick, the slower the aim moves. (This is a WAY better explanation of what i'm after, rather than how i described in the first post :) )

• Try this:

• dop2000

Perfect, just what i was looking for :)

Thanks for your help, appriciate it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)