APK only shows a white screen

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Winter island themed set of tiles for your platformer game
  • Hi guys,

I'm quite new to Construct, so I was hoping some of you could help me out. I've run into a seemingly strange issue. I'm trying to test out my game on my Nexus 4, but for some reason when I open the APK (built in Intel XDK), I just get a white screen.

I've tried both with Splashscreen=yes and no in the Build settings, but the result is still the same. My first layout has a white background and a sprite that fades in. Nothing too fancy, and this whole things works just fine when exported to desktop and testing in the browser on the phone using preview on LAN.

I am however loading web fonts in this first layout. Could that have anything to do with it?

• I might add that I deleted the files in the Files -> Icons folder in the hopes of reducing the size of the file.

• Are you running the latest version of the XDK? I only ask because I had the same problem with the previous version and the new one fixed it. Having said that, deleting assets that some of the code is going to refer to is not going to end well....

• Thanks for the reply. I'm using the latest XDK, and I also tried to import the images I deleted, but to no avail.

Is there no way to copy or export objects, layouts etc to another project, or would I have to recreate everything in a new project to try to find the root cause?

• Interestingly it seems that whatever I export will be displayed the same way after building in Intel XDK. I swear I was able to build and open something before I updated. Maybe there is some kind of device specific issue. How annoying. Deleting all the cached data from Settings - Storage did not help, neither did uninstalling and installing the app again. Has no one else experienced any issues with the latest XDK?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeap now i've got the same white screen problem with my project working cool with the previous versions, i'll search this more...

• You need to export to the www folder, as firebelly pointed out in the How to export to Android tutorial.

• oceldot - so what are the steps to fix? You might as well post the steps here so the solution is in more than one place.

• small things make a difference, thanks

• oceldot - so what are the steps to fix? You might as well post the steps here so the solution is in more than one place.

Sorry, not really much more to add. During export from Construct, you only need to make sure you export to the folder named www after Intel XDK has generated its files during project creation.

• oceldot - yes, you right. Thanks for posting the question and finding the answer. I was able to get my app successfully running on my Android phone.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)