How do I @Aphrodite @ashley

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • hi,

after publish my game on appstore

i see that i have poor performance on iphone 4

i try some optimisation tips posted here on forum but still same

on iphone 4 it run at fps 51/55 fps and goes slow

can i send you the project and you try to take look there ?

thanks in advance

i spent this week all time at home try optimizing algorithme but still same

• 51 FPS is an excellent result for a device as old as the iPhone 4.

• yes but

i just give you an example

i use 3 layout

on first layout game run fast and normal

but on the second layout it begin to be slow on iphone 4

but in iphone 4s , all seem to be good

its true that the second is more complicated and there are a lot a object ...

i do pixel rounding to on , sampling to point , webgl off

i try to minise collision (by set collisions enabled when ennemy x is + player x +5 for example)

i use also your management ejecta ... (it help me a lot)

set animation from begining its for example ennemy is on screen

avoir maximum of transparent of object

but still have .... same problem

• I had a similar problem on Nexus 7.

First two levels would play at 18-30 fps or so, and then 3rd level was like 5 fps.

• Look for all the 'every ticks' or disguised everytick conditions and try to eliminate them.
    • Dont move too many empty sprites around
    • Optimize all the collision polygons
    • May be avoid high dpi sprites (We were using 226 ppi exports)
    • Elminate race conditions
    • Avoid too many redraws or too many frames per animation.
  • yes but

but on the second layout it begin to be slow on iphone 4

As Ashley said 51 fps is quite good, but yes the question is how slow does it get eventually?

Can you give us a figure of that, and also how many more objects are in the 2nd level; nevertheless you can try the list of optimization I wrote in a post above this

• hi thanks a lot

how can i deguise every tick condition ? you can give an example ?

i also optimise collisions polygones and dont have a lot of animations per frame....

and final queston what is exactly high dpi sprites mean ?

• i have 91 object ... but i destroy all if anyone is outside layout (i know that not much affect performance but maybe avoid some memory and will help a little ... no ?)

i have about 2800 collisions per second

• I wonder, if you go directly to the second layout, does the performance is the same?

Since I think without WebGL the memory management of ejecta can only load textures when needed, but not release them.(even though I do not think it is the actual problem, still could explain that maybe)

Collisions can be avoided if some objects aren t on screen maybe, and also maybe the AI of your ennmies can be disabled for offscreen ennemies (depends totally on the game, I cannot say for sure it will be good for your game)

• I wonder, if you go directly to the second layout, does the performance is the same?

Since I think without WebGL the memory management of ejecta can only load textures when needed, but not release them.(even though I do not think it is the actual problem, still could explain that maybe)

Collisions can be avoided if some objects aren t on screen maybe, and also maybe the AI of your ennmies can be disabled for offscreen ennemies (depends totally on the game, I cannot say for sure it will be good for your game)

ok

but

-yes but with webgl on i seem to crash when you go home and return game ...

and webgl is wreaker (performance killer) for iphone 4 no ?

• i think its not necessary to disabled collisions if object is not on screen (because you can test it by your self , if object are not on screen collisions is not checked ... and you learn this to me in another post forum you remember ???

-i will try to go directly to this layout and tell you

• i just try it ... go directly to this layout and seem to be same ... (maybe little better ... but same)

and the only way that i found to reduce collisions check is to compare for example compare x of ennemy and if tis equal or less than the object . X + 10 set collisions to enable (with setting ennemy collisions to desable on start of layout ) ... what do you think ?

• what do you you think ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should also check the sprite's effects if there are any. Like, "hue change", "brightness change", etc... Along with the number of frames and the animation speed if you have anything animated.

• mmmm ok

is it necessary to disable all collisions object (for example desable collisions of background)

or only object that have collisions script in events ???

and what is difference between collisions and overlap ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)