Animation Synchonisation Frozen

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • This is sort of a bug I guess, but I'm posting here because it probably isn't. Sort of.

Anyway, I have two animations for running.

RunningRightGunOut (The player is running with his gun pointing towards the direction the player is running to).

and

RunningRightGunUp (The player is running with his gun pointing up).

My problem now is, I set them both to "set from current frame" as per a topic I asked on how to set up animations so that

when RRGO is on frame 2 out of 3 and I press up to aim up and start RRGU, it starts on frame 2 out of 3.

My problem is that if you tap the button which switches animations fast enough, the animations altogether become frozen.

Because you're tapping the button which switches the animation to the other animation on the same frame, if it's done fast enough the animation does not get a chance to proceed to the next frame.

Is there any known way to fix this? This is a pretty big problem for me and I'd really appreciate some support from the lovely C2 community.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My only suggestion would be to seperate the upper body and lower body into their own sprites. So when you are moving you have the legs animating all the time, then you just need to switch the gunout and gun up animations in a different sprite when you press the appropriate buttons independent of what the legs are doing.

Without seeing your character sprite it's hard to tell if this method will work for you though.

• I've tried that, it does work but then the sprites kind of move into each other.

I was just trying to see if there was another way of doing it.

Thanks ryanrybot for the suggestion!

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears.

• you could try to toggle a variable on up pressed and have a wait action before toggling it back and add the variable as a condition to the pressed to prevent the fast pressing ..

• That could work but it would break game-flow.

As for the previous method of splitting the sprites, I've done it before and it creates visual bugs if the player jumps or sits.

As the legs end up floating around in mid-air.

Thanks everyone!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)