Animation not changing frames

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi I am new to construct 2 all my movement animation when I press the arrow keys are working just fine but when i press A which is my fire key the animation does not change frames it stays in frame 0. the code I used is if keyboard A is down, if walkDr = right (this is a variable) and not moving on platform ( I Inverted Platform is moving) Set animation to "FireIdleRight" (play from beginning) I did this for walking, Jumping and idling.

Sorry I can't provide any images because I don't know how I would like an answer for this please and thank you

• First of all did you properly changed these parameters ? [attachment=0:3ljwaamq][/attachment:3ljwaamq]

Did you double check the animation name used in your event ? A single typo and it won't work.

If you don't know how to upload a screenshot, you can still upload your .capx, it's always simpler to help people when they share their file.

• First of all did you properly changed these parameters ? [attachment=1:1e4yryno][/attachment:1e4yryno]

Did you double check the animation name used in your event ? A single typo and it won't work.

If you don't know how to upload a screenshot, you can still upload your .capx, it's always simpler to help people when they share their file.

thank you for replaying I did all that when I put the firing animation to one of the arrow keys it works fine but when I put it back on A or any other keys it does not work

[attachment=0:1e4yryno][/attachment:1e4yryno]

just found out how to use an image hope this helps

• Hi shinaito ! Could you try setting the 'Key A is Down' to 'Key A is Pressed' and see if that works?

I might be wrong, but what might be happening is it's continually setting the animation while A is down so the animation never leaves frame 0.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi shinaito ! Could you try setting the 'Key A is Down' to 'Key A is Pressed' and see if that works?

I might be wrong, but what might be happening is it's continually setting the animation while A is down so the animation never leaves frame 0.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong.

does not work the animation stays in frame 0

• Hmm... I would try focusing on one event and start removing conditions until it works. That would narrow down where the problem is. If pushing 'A' alone doesn't fire the animation, then maybe the problem is with the object or animation name.

You could also post your .capx so someone can take a look.

I can understand how frustrating it is when you know something should work, but it doesn't.

• Hmm... I would try focusing on one event and start removing conditions until it works. That would narrow down where the problem is. If pushing 'A' alone doesn't fire the animation, then maybe the problem is with the object or animation name.

You could also post your .capx so someone can take a look.

I can understand how frustrating it is when you know something should work, but it doesn't.

how do i post my .capx?

• how do i post my .capx?

A popular method is with dropbox. Just put your .capx in the public folder, get the public link, and paste the URL in the forum post.

If your reputation is high enough, I think you can just upload it as an attachment right in the forum post.

• here

• here

Oops. Looks like you don't have enough reputation to post URLs. You could try to PM me the link if you would like.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)