Animation issues on overlapping events

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • I am fairly new to Construct2, and although I have done a fair bit of research, please do not assume I know much (eg I only figured out invert today, not sure how I missed it before)

The gameplay here is irrelevant, as it is with my settings screen that I have a problem. I have an animation that is supposed to run when it goes over an object (graphic being used as a button). This stripped down capx shows it working as it should. Put the mouse over the Medium and the animation starts, take it off it stops, excellent.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79803565/Settings2.capx

However when I add a few more events for the other two objects the animation stops. The events are working as they all continue to highlight well, just no animations.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79803565/Settings1.capx

It would be great if someone could point out my error. Any alternate methods would be most welcome too.

Thanks in advance

• blackhornet, firstly thank you for such a prompt response. Tried to look at the capx, but says it was created in a newer version, 141 or later. However I am running 139 (32bit) which as far as I can see from the website is the latest version, are you running a beta? Is there any way I can look at the capx without installing the beta?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you, not sure that I wanted to brave a beta at this early stage of my Contruct2 learning.

OK, thanks for fixing that. Am I correct in saying that my single invert events were basically cancelling out each of the other dwell animations?

In your opinion is there another glaringly obvious way of doing this, or am I on the right track here?

Thanks so much for the help. I will sleep tonight.

• Yes, the problem was even if one overlap was detected, the two other non-overlaps were resetting everything back again. Your mechanism is fine. The only refinement would be to add trigger-once on each of these events so the action is only run once, rather than every tick. The one additional step then is to have the Dwell animation loop by itself, rather than you triggering it.

settings139_B.capx

• I will not need to loop the dwell. The game is for an eye tracking user, so the dwell will in fact be a selection, once the dwell is finished it will make the selection. I think I know how to do that.

Is this what you meant on the trigger once?

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79803565/settings139.capx

Thanks for all the help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)