Animation in Construct2?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • I'm new to Construct2 and i'm trying to figure out what the best approach is to animation in Construct2.

I have an animation I made of a tank rolling on the battlefield. Now I know I can position animated elements where I want and duplicate, scale and rotate them. Can I also animate these properties in Construct2?

The animation is for a cut-scene where the tanks fire at each other.

The free version of Construct2 doesn't have any animation tools I can find. Is all animation in Construct2 done with spritesheets and image sequences? No animating op properties like position, scale and rotation?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's no keyframe or timeline animation, if that's what you mean, but you can certainly animation rotation, scale and position by using events to manipulate the angle, size and movement behaviours respectively.

• If you use containers and have more of the same sprite it should work with just a few events.

• GeometriX

I was indeed looking for keyframe/timeline animation.

TheNormalGeek

I made it work with some events like you said. I'll have to test a bit if this is a practical way of doing cut-scene animation.

If anyone has done some cut-scene animation i'm curious to know what approach you have taken.

• Haven't tried them, but rexrainbow did a bunch of plugin to deal with timing and sequencing stuff, like this one

• Check Spine at http://esotericsoftware.com/

Right now, I think the only way to import the animation in Construct from there is to export the frames individually but in the stretch goals of their just ended kickstarter campaign, a JS runtime was specified. Hopefully this will allow for an easy integration...

• Thanks roberto, nice software.

There is Spriter too.

• In the final part of the build a shoot them up tutorial, I show how to make some "animation" of the Boss coming to the middle of the screen.

• lemo I'll take a look at those.

Most of the animation I do is in Blender, I render to a PNG image sequence then import them into Construct2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)