How do I angle a sprite based on 360 degree floor movement

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Advanced inventory mechanics for your RPG game (Array-based). Take Items, split them, pick up them, read the description
  • As it says in the title, kind of like Sonic running along upside down surfaces.

• Quick way I can think of is use "On collision with another object" - set Sonic's angle as the same angle as that object.

• Quick way I can think of is use "On collision with another object" - set Sonic's angle as the same angle as that object.

With platform objects you mean? Don't know that would work out so well.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're right, I'm not so sure it would either.

Remember behaviors are just shortcuts - everything a behavior does for you you can actually recreate with events. They might have some limitations, so if you want a more complex behavior, you may need to create it yourself with events.

• I do believe someone made a capx of such a movement. There's also a behavior someone made. If you opt to use events the way to do it is with detector sprites. Basically you place one at the left-bottom of the player and one at right-bottom. Then using a loop move them down till they hit the ground. The angle between the two detectors would be the angle of the ground.

After that you'd do the motion. It's simple enough even without behaviors, but I don't have time to explain it.

There's also a website you could probably Google that explains the actual sonic the hedgehog physics in detail. Could be useful.

• Sorry, I meant the animation for a sprite that overlaps the player object rather than the motions themselves.

• Bump?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)