I have a global variable for the text to set the Text Object's value. It still doesn't work.
This is my set up:
* Layout 1 & Layout 1 Event Sheet - two buttons; button 1 calls a function called "update" in the Function Event Sheet, button 2 goes to Layout 2.
- a global variable initialised to 0.
- a text object that is set to the global variable value.
* Function Event Sheet - has a function called "update" which increments the global variable by 1.
* Layout 2 & Layout 2 Event Sheet - has two buttons; button 1 calls a function called "update" in the Function Event Sheet, button 2 goes to Layout 1.
Layout 1 sets the text value to the global variable value correctly, but not Layout 2.
A click of button 1 on Layout 1 updates the text object to a value of "1".
Once we click to go to Layout 2 and press the button to update the global variable, then go back to layout 1, the text object has a value of "Text".
A press of button 1 on Layout 1 updates the global variable to "2".