Allow a game to run only if connected to internet

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi,

Is there a way to run a game only if the device (mobile, tablet or PC) has internet connection?

As my game is free, with advertising, my concern is that if there is no internet connection on the device, the advertising will not be loaded, and i won't be paid for the ads.

I would like the game to not run, until the device is connected to the internet.

I thought about using browser object to check if it is online, but i think the game will have to do this check once in a while to be sure the ads will be loaded. Cause if it only checks it once, for example, on the game start, the user could just disable the internet connection after the start for it not to show the advertising.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Regards!

• If you're going to check connection status, I'd suggest checking when the user attempts to start the game from the main menu. While in game, perhaps check every 30 seconds, kicking players back to the main menu if they're not connected.

I really wouldn't worry about it, though. In my experience, this has never been an issue, and a move like this does nothing to build trust with your players -- it just comes off as overly aggressive.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey linkman2004,

Thank you! I have to agree with you. I think you're right. It is my first game , so i think i'm over concerned about it.

Best regards!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)