I've used Unity in the past and have just come across Construct2, which I'll definitely be using from now on.
I'm working on a RTS game and I've got SO many questions, hopefully you can address them one at a time. I've already figured out how to click around and order units thanks to the very nice RTS tutorial, but these are more specific to the individual game I'm making:
1. Timers - my game will be heavily dependant on timer actions. I need firstly a countdown timer of when a unit will arrive at it's destination in real hours and minutes, as it's a slow paced game that takes place over many days. There will also be actions that are "locked" for certain amount of hours like changing orders and construction. What is the best way of implement this on Constructor?
2. A lot of pop up menus for issuing orders, so when you right click on a location you have Move to option, right click on a unit you get other options. I can do this easy enough in the corner of the screen, but how do I make the menu appear where the mouse has been clicked (or closeby)?
3. The map. I can make a map easily enough and define land/sea as walls for respective units for pathfinding. How do I make the map zoomable with the mouse wheel and able to click and scroll?
4. Smooth movement. The RTS tutorial allows smooth accelerated movement but not so on the turning. When I change the path of a flying plane for example, I want it to slowly curve on an axis to it's new position. How to do this?
5. Instant variables - can someone tell me more about these? Say for example I've got 20 cities with a "population" do they each need a new variable?
Thanks for all your help.