How do I use ads in the game

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • I know c2 games support ads because after buying a personal license i was able to select that option, however when this runs in a site, like newgrounds or whatever, theres just a space and it says something along the lines of "additional content goes here" or whatever.

I dont know anything about adding ads to games, so if someone could explain the process to me that'd be great.

• Hello,

you just can add your ads code there (if you are using AdSense, just copy the code and insert it there). This field supports HTML.

If you want to create mobile games you must use AdMob or other mobile ad networks.

How to insert them depends on the compiler (Cordova, Canvas+ and so on).

CocoonIO: https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/c ... document-7

Cordova (Intel XDK): https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/a ... creen-ads/

Regards

Andreas

• Hello,

you just can add your ads code there (if you are using AdSense, just copy the code and insert it there). This field supports HTML.

If you want to create mobile games you must use AdMob or other mobile ad networks.

How to insert them depends on the compiler (Cordova, Canvas+ and so on).

CocoonIO: https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/c ... document-7

Cordova (Intel XDK): https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/a ... creen-ads/

Regards

Andreas

I followed the Cordova one but when i run the game in Intel App Preview on my phone no ad shows up, are there some steps that guide doesn't mention?

• The ads only work in the final apk version, not in preview.

Regards

• The ads only work in the final apk version, not in preview.

Regards

even when I got the game on google play no ads show up :/

• then be sure that you have set Test Mode to false

• then be sure that you have set Test Mode to false

it is, i think i might have fixed the issue but now intel xdk is giving me problems.

When it exports projects is supposed to add 6000 to the x86 version number and 2000 to the arm version number, however it isn't doing that so the version number is lower than my old one,which stops me from uploading it to google play.

EDIT

Nope it still doesn't work :/ everythings set up fine as far as im concered...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > then be sure that you have set Test Mode to false

>

it is, i think i might have fixed the issue but now intel xdk is giving me problems.

When it exports projects is supposed to add 6000 to the x86 version number and 2000 to the arm version number, however it isn't doing that so the version number is lower than my old one,which stops me from uploading it to google play.

EDIT

Nope it still doesn't work :/ everythings set up fine as far as im concered...

Can you provide a capx example from your ads code? Otherwise it's hard to say where the issue comes from.

Regards

• >

> > then be sure that you have set Test Mode to false

> >

> it is, i think i might have fixed the issue but now intel xdk is giving me problems.

> When it exports projects is supposed to add 6000 to the x86 version number and 2000 to the arm version number, however it isn't doing that so the version number is lower than my old one,which stops me from uploading it to google play.

>

> EDIT

> Nope it still doesn't work :/ everythings set up fine as far as im concered...

>

Can you provide a capx example from your ads code? Otherwise it's hard to say where the issue comes from.

Regards

do you mean a .capx of the project im working on with the ad Unit ID on it?

• [quote:2b091vaz]do you mean a .capx of the project im working on with the ad Unit ID on it?

It probably doesn't need to be the capx file. C2 has a snapshot function. Highlight the segment with the ad code portion, then paste the image here.

• Ne7herM0St

A Snapshot from the ad code is sufficient

• [quote:2did08fk]do you mean a .capx of the project im working on with the ad Unit ID on it?

It probably doesn't need to be the capx file. C2 has a snapshot function. Highlight the segment with the ad code portion, then paste the image here.

how do i do the snapshot?

• > [quote:r37ef2xt]do you mean a .capx of the project im working on with the ad Unit ID on it?

>

how do i do the snapshot?

Left click (or shift+left-click) the boxes of code you wish to snapshot. Then right-click to bring up the c2 context menu which has a section with options to 'toggle disable', 'toggle bookmark', 'toggle breakpoint'. Below those options is the 'screenshot selection'. Click that then go to ms paint and paste.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)