How do I Get AdMob Ads to Show in Game built with Intel XDK

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
No Ad-Sharing, Fully Open Source, No Remote Control, Well maintained
  • This may not be a beginner question, but I am a relatively new user to the program. I currently cannot get AdMob Ads, banner or interstitial, to show on my game. I have a "Splash" screen where I call the game to pre-load the banner ad. Then on the start screen it is told to show the banner ad at the start of layout. I also have an interstitial, but I will take this one thing at a time. I have exported for Cordova and imported into the Intel XDK and added the AdMob Ads plugin as the tutorial says. I have tried testing the app with both an APK for Android and the Intel App Preview and have not seen ads, or test ads is "true" right now, on the app. If there is some step I missed please tell me as I have been working on this issue all day without finding a resolution. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I now know I can't view ads while testing, however I am still unable to view the ads even when I build the game.

• huh? testing with Intel xdk you mean opening in the emulation? if that is your question the ads will never show in the emulation from intel xdk, but should be visible on the mobile itself , if that doesn't not work, then u need to recheck the code from admob, and the keys, if that does not work either, check ur ads height and width, cause if its only for a surtain size, and its not automatically adjusting then its not gonna show, u have a few options and explanations in admob, as long in the admob tutorials

• huh? testing with Intel xdk you mean opening in the emulation? if that is your question the ads will never show in the emulation from intel xdk, but should be visible on the mobile itself , if that doesn't not work, then u need to recheck the code from admob, and the keys, if that does not work either, check ur ads height and width, cause if its only for a surtain size, and its not automatically adjusting then its not gonna show, u have a few options and explanations in admob, as long in the admob tutorials

No I'm testing it and I use their app on my phone to connect to the Intel server and test the game that I uploaded. I had tried the emulation earlier and read that wouldn't show ads. What do you mean to recheck the code from admob? I know the IDs are correct and I don't have the banner and interstitial IDs mixed up and both the banner and interstitial are set to automatically adjust size. I feel like I've done everything correctly but nothing is showing?

• maybe because you cant show interstitial and normal ads both together but 1 every time that might be the problem, u can try implement admob for normal ads and something else for interstitial.

• I deleted the instances that call to preload the interstitial and show the interstitial just to see if I could get a banner ad to work and still nothing? It makes no sense to me why it is not working?

• After reading through some documentation on the Intel XDK website that I think is important to note:

"However, at this time the only way you can test and debug any code in your app that accesses third-party plugins is to build an application and run it on a real device."

From here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/do ... ordova-app

• Sorry I did not see this sooner =( if you are still having trouble I have a tutorial on it

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1386/u ... -crosswalk

• I have followed this tutorial with no results :/

• I have followed this tutorial with no results :/

Hello,

AFAIK, the only way to test for ads is on an actual device. I've tried all combos of XDK and other emulators and no luck. To test, I usually drag and drop my APK file to the 'Downloads' folder of my Android device. Then install on my device from that folder.

HTH.

• > I have followed this tutorial with no results :/

>

Hello,

AFAIK, the only way to test for ads is on an actual device. I've tried all combos of XDK and other emulators and no luck. To test, I usually drag and drop my APK file to the 'Downloads' folder of my Android device. Then install on my device from that folder.

HTH.

Ya I mentioned above that I read that on the Intel website so I have been downloading it through the email it sends me onto the Android device I'm using. I'm exporting with Cordova.

I also changed the screen and layout size to 720x1280 and STILL NOTHING! This is so irritating. I might upload my apk on dropbox so someone can test it?

• would anyone mind creating a test project, exporting the cordova files, then sending them to me to see if the problem is with construct or the intel xdk?

• I might have the same problem.

When useful information comes from this topic, I am interested to read about it.

When I find out what causes my own problem, I will post it here.

• thanks! For now I'm going to try it on another computer (which shouldn't affect it) to see if, for some reason, it makes a difference.

• Changing computers made 0 difference. I now have no idea what could possibly be the problem

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • tuckerwagner My problem was relative simple and was in Intel XDK: I did not select the option "phonegap admob plugin" in Intel XDK.

Test banner is now displaying for me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)