AdMob Ads plugin help - interstitial issue

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm converting over to use the official AdmobAds plugin. I can get a banner ad ok but my interstitial is not showing. In test mode both work fine. I have double checked my Ad IDs.

This is an extremely simple app with 1 layout (well, 1 that is displayed and 1 that currently isn't used). For the banner I do the following which works fine. I have overlap set to True.

On Start of layout -> AdmobAds:Show banner ad at position Top center etc

For the interstitial I'm doing:

On tap Quit button

If in Preview -> log something

else -> AdmobAds:Show Interstitial

(I'm actually calling a function to do the Show Interstitial).

Then on Interstitial dismissed I'm attempting Browser:Close to quit the app which doesn't seem to work (well it won't work if the interstitial is not showing, but it also doesn't work in test mode--it restarts the layout).

I've also tried hiding the banner just before showing the Interstitial (I had to do this with the AdmobFE plugin to get the interstitial to show) but no-go.

Finally, I've tried doing AdmobAds: Preload interstitial at start of layout.

Any help appreciated!

• from my experience i can say that if the demo adds are shown, its also works with the real adds but sometimes there are just no adds to show so it can look like something isnt working. to test this you can make an event "on interistial received->trigger something, like show a sprite or set text to add received, when this is never been triggered there are just no adds to show.

btw in my game "Find the fruits" i used something similar to what your trying to do (on close button show add,after 4 secons close game) but it doesnt show adds most of the time, i think the time im giving it is just to short, interestials sometimes take a long time to show after the show add event fired

• from my experience i can say that if the demo adds are shown, its also works with the real adds but sometimes there are just no adds to show so it can look like something isnt working. to test this you can make an event "on interistial received->trigger something, like show a sprite or set text to add received, when this is never been triggered there are just no adds to show.

btw in my game "Find the fruits" i used something similar to what your trying to do (on close button show add,after 4 secons close game) but it doesnt show adds most of the time, i think the time im giving it is just to short, interestials sometimes take a long time to show after the show add event fired

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try something in On interstitial received. Also, I don't have a timer to close the game but On interstitial dismissed. When I was using the other ad plugin I'm pretty sure the interstitial came up immediately. I'll report back.

• what did you put in "Interstitial timeout" on the admob site?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • what did you put in "Interstitial timeout" on the admob site?

Default 60 seconds. And you're right I'm not receiving any interstitial ads, but now the question is why not?

• 60 secons is the refresh rate for banner ads isnt it?

interestials is between 3 and 10, i found that when i changed that to under 7 i didnt receive any interestials

why not? i cant answer that, im also corious about the whole add market thing, for example i have three games with adds and they all get served different with very different rpm, one is always like 0.28€ the other one is in the 1-2€ field and the third is between 9 and 22€, while the 0.28€ game is by far the most installed and played one compared to the others and the 1-2€ app only very rarely gets interestials, i cant tell why..

• 60 secons is the refresh rate for banner ads isnt it?

interestials is between 3 and 10, i found that when i changed that to under 7 i didnt receive any interestials

why not? i cant answer that, im also corious about the whole add market thing, for example i have three games with adds and they all get served different with very different rpm, one is always like 0.28€ the other one is in the 1-2€ field and the third is between 9 and 22€, while the 0.28€ game is by far the most installed and played one compared to the others and the 1-2€ app only very rarely gets interestials, i cant tell why..

They both default to 60. They recommend 45-60 for interstitials. Anyway thanks for the info. I'll have to do more research on this.

• Very embarassing but this is user error... I had created 2 banner ad units. Your question about the refresh rate tipped me off fldr thanks again. Have created an interstitial ad unit so will see what happens.

Edit: confirmed--getting both ad types now thanks guys.

• I have another interstitial issue, thought I'd add it here.

Previously I had an interstitial appear on displaying the high score. Once the user dismissed it, they could see the high score then go back and play again. Now using the new plugin, upon dismissing the interstitial, my game restarts. Fully reloads with loading indicator.

I can't post the capx and it would take some effort to reproduce this in sample form, so hopefully someone has a clue about this? Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)