How to add wind challenge to my sniper game?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Weather Wind Sounds - Wind contains 10 tracks (1 tracks and 9 seamless loops)
  • Hi Friends,

I have finished making my sniper game. It couldn't have been possible without help of generous help of Construct 2 forum members. Big thanks to you all.

Now I feel that can I make it more challenging by adding wind to to it? I have already added breath holding mechanism in that game but it will be more useful if it is tested against wind. I have no idea how to do it. Any suggestions to add that challenge will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance you beautiful friends. You all are awesome.

Link for the game: bit.ly/SGmohanyoutube

Regards,

• I tried opening your link - there is like a million ads, but no game. Seriously, dude, your page looks really dodgy, I hope I didn't get any viruses!

If you want your bullet to be affected by the wind, simply do this:

On every tick
     -> BulletSprite move at angle windAngle, distance: dt*windSpeed

• I tried opening your link - there is like a million ads, but no game. Seriously, dude, your page looks really dodgy, I hope I didn't get any viruses!

If you want your bullet to be affected by the wind, simply do this:

> On every tick
    -> BulletSprite move at angle windAngle, distance: dt*windSpeed

Thanks Dop for checking it. Actually I am not so good in uploading files or hosting so my friend has done this hosting on his end and gave me this link to play the game. When you checked it, link was broken. Now it up and working fine. Also, my friend says page is fully safe so nothing to worry. The suggestion you told me I couldn't get it. Might be if you now play the game then you can understand my requirement. Apologies for the trouble if you faced any.

• I tried your link again - adblock blocked 67 ads!!! And still no game.

Maybe you should find a new less greedy friend, who could properly publish your game. Or simply upload capx file to dropbox or similar service.

• I tried your link again - adblock blocked 67 ads!!! And still no game.

Maybe you should find a new friend who could properly publish your game. Or simply upload capx file to dropbox or similar service.

Check it here and let me know if you could play it.

bit.ly/SGmohan2blog

• No I can't. Loading screen is stuck at 0%

I just tested in incognito the same link. it is loading fine. can u unblock ad blocker sometimes it doesnt allow js to execute

I have uploaded game to construct 2 store, now you can play it here without any disturbance.

scirra.com/arcade/action-games/ghost-sniper-34184

• How do you test if the shot was successful? If enemy overlapping the center of the scope? Then use "overlapping at offset" instead, where offset is the wind speed. Say, if the wind is blowing to the right, you need to aim to the left of the target.

I don't know how complex and realistic is your game. Does the distance to the target matter? Bullet speed?

You should at least post a screenshot of your events!

• How do you test if the shot was successful? If enemy overlapping the center of the scope? Then use "overlapping at offset" instead, where offset is the wind speed. Say, if the wind is blowing to the right, you need to aim to the left of the target.

I don't know how complex and realistic is your game. Does the distance to the target matter? Bullet speed?

You should at least post a screenshot of your events!

It is 2d only so bullet distance is difficult plus no bullet is used. Only overlapping of pointer is used. when enemy is overlapping gun pointer and user presses the shoot button. It will hit the enemy.

• Then use overlapping at offset (-windSpeed).

• Then use overlapping at offset (-windSpeed).

Dop, I am unable to understand, what is this windspeed. Is it behavior I have to add to gun scope using bullet?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No, just some number. You should probably randomly change the wind speed and direction every moment, and display it on the screen, so that players could adjust their aim.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)