How do I Add A Local variable?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Pretty self explanatory

• Have you read the manual entry on this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh thanks.

• I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or genuinely grateful, and since my advice was hardly insightful I suspect it's the former... I'm more than happy to help you understand what's in the manual - what don't you understand?

• Sorry if I sounded sarcastic or condescending. Actually I reread the manual several times before you answered and figured it out myself but I didn't know what to say to you reply. Sorry again Colludium

• HZGaming, your apology is accepted - thank you for that, it's really appreciated. I challenged your first question because there have been a lot more forum questions recently which seem to indicate that the manual is becoming the second port if call if a hurdle is encountered. Of course IMO, forum questions should be to find clarification of what is contained within or omitted from the manual. Although it's not a perfect source document, and I've not been here as long as many others, it's always a pleasure to offer an alternative view on how to do things - but it's not satisfying when one feels like a manual index service. So - not intended to be a rant at you but hopefully an explanation as to why I bothered to challenge you instead of just ignoring the thread.

• Thank you for that Colludium Anyways I do appreciate you attempt to help me

• it's not satisfying when one feels like a manual index service.

This question is not as lazy as it sounds. And simply reading the manual doesn't fully explain it without seeing it first-hand.

The concept of needing to be nested in an Event doesn't exactly stand out, esp to new users. Since you right-click on Events and the only option is for global variables, you don't even see 'Add Local Variable' grayed out or anything. Not until you right-click on a nested Event do you see the option for adding a local variable. The manual suggests that you see the option to add a local or global whenever you right-click. I think it's a UI flaw as you should probably see 'Add Local Variable' wherever you see global, but grayed it out where it's in violation.

I remember this one stumping me a bit. It was not that straight forward, and hopefully this thread helps someone in the future.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)