How do I Add Layers to my Tilemap?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Hey there,

I can't seem to figure out how to add layers to my tilemap. It almost seems as if I have to add multiple tilemaps? If this is the case, wouldn't my tileset, being added three or four times, be a redundant waste of space?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tekniko,

I was looking for a solution to this as well and here's what I've gathered so far:

• Give each tileset instance its own layer in the editor - that way you can hide/lock the ones you aren't working on.
    • You CAN use multiple instances of a single tileset object to optimize resource usage. Just remember that when you add a new instance it will contain a copy of the first instance's tileset data. Edit this new instance to your liking. I too initially thought that I would have to create a new tilemap objects using the same image, but this shouldn't be necessary. It would be nice if each new instance was blank but this is simply the way Construct always handles instances.
    • I'm not positive, but I think Construct optimizes similar images at runtime so using multiple objects that use the same image might not be that big of deal anyways. Maybe someone can clarify this.
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)