How do I add consumable IAPs for android game?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Good day.

I need to add consumable IAPs into my android game.

Official IAP plugin does not support them (I can buy only 1 time and then item will be locked to buy)

I also tried CocoonInApps - it did not work, and also: after app with this plugin was loaded the play market, I have received message on my email with a "HostnameVerifier" problem.

CordovaIAP - doesn't work, but maybe I just installed it incorrectly in Cordova CLI..

Please, I really need an answer, I am totally confused what should I do. What plugin supports consumable IAPs at the moment? Thank you.

• In the basic sense you can track them with local storage, but this isn't great for when a user installs on a different device. For this you have to use your own server to store data but I wouldn't know anything about that. IAP plugin is for tracking the non-consumables with the app stores.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In the basic sense you can track them with local storage, but this isn't great for when a user installs on a different device. For this you have to use your own server to store data but I wouldn't know anything about that. IAP plugin is for tracking the non-consumables with the app stores.

I can track items with storage, yes. But consumable purchases mean, that user will buy it every time. I do not ask about tracking items, I am asking specifically about purchasing process. How can I give opportunity users to buy item many times?

• When you add the product ID there is a type?

• When you add the product ID there is a type?

No, using official IAP plugin, there is no choice of type, only purchase.

Using CocoonInApps/CordovaIAP, there is a choice between purchase or consume, but as I mentioned already, have some troubles there. I really hope that there is a chance for cordova plugin to work (maybe I installed wrong plugin in cordova CLI), but I am not sure. I just need some information, what plugin do people use for consumable purchases.

• Oh it's Construct 2, nevermind. Try Construct 3.

• Oh it's Construct 2, nevermind. Try Construct 3.

I have not try Construct 3 yet.. But in theory, how I will be able to continue my current application development in Consruct 3? How this transfer works?

• I can't quite remember the IAP on C2 but in C3 on the plugin when you add a new product there is a choice of consumable/non-consumable, I guess this fixes your problem. In C2 maybe you had to make use of third party stuff whereas it is all built in for C3.

• I can't quite remember the IAP on C2 but in C3 on the plugin when you add a new product there is a choice of consumable/non-consumable, I guess this fixes your problem. In C2 maybe you had to make use of third party stuff whereas it is all built in for C3.

If I will start using Construct 3, how can I continue work there with Construct 2 project?

• You can import it, I think you can even try it now on the free version. Should be fine unless you have used an excessive amount of third party plugins.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)