Account based multiplayer.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Easy to use shop and inventroy populated by an array!
  • I am making a 1v1 online multiplayer game.

Since the game has matchmaking, I would like to be able to save player stats, such as kills and rank, and bind those stats to an account, so they can be accessed anywhere.

I am trying to think of a way to do this, the only real idea I have is to host some sort of login server, but I don't know much about networking.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• Yea, you have a server tied either to a file set or a database. Players' accounts are saved request to request by using HTTP sessions on the server of your choice.

You can use Amazon Web Services to setup a free EC2 virtual server hosted on their network for a year.

http://aws.amazon.com/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yea, you have a server tied either to a file set or a database. Players' accounts are saved request to request by using HTTP sessions on the server of your choice.

You can use Amazon Web Services to setup a free EC2 virtual server hosted on their network for a year.

http://aws.amazon.com/

Hi Gumshoe,

I was wondering how I would access DynamoDB from construct 2?

Or how could I access the RDS database using mySQL from construct 2?

Thanks

• Aanand

Hey, sorry for the delay. I have been a bit busy.

You can access the DynamoDB or RDS from either Java, PHP, Python type languages. There is usually a driver library that you can import that contains the protocols necessary to talk to the database over the internet or local network.

For our game, we use PostgreSQL RDS and use the JDBC in Java to talk to it. If you are already familiar with a language, just search for the driver library for it. If you are starting fresh, PHP is the easiest to learn followed by Python, then Java. Each successive language is more powerful though, so it depends on how much capability you need.

There might be a JavaScript library to access the database directly from Construct, but that is generally not a good idea for security reasons. It is better to have a server-side program in between the database and your client (the Construct).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)