Access instance variable for multiple instances

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • I have a simple game in which I need to access the instance variable of some icons in order to have only a specific icon show.

Here is the set up.

I would be so happy if someone could help.

I have 10 icons that are used for click events. This is an animation for which I have 10 frames and each copy is set at a different frame and has a different instance ID from 0 to 9 just like the frame numbers. These are called obj_icon

I have 10 icons (obj_icon2) that are under these with same instance ID. these are used for drag and drop.

Then I have another icon which is a check mark. These have also the same instance ID. Their opacity is 0.

When I drop each icon, there are some feedback on the map. The original icon is detroyed and then the ckeck mark should change opacity. However, I am not sure how to do this because right now it changes all the checkmarks instead of only the one with the same ID as the obj_icon.

• You need to add an event to pick your "other" object that has the same inst_ID as the original.

• Condition: System>Pick by comparison: "Desired item to be picked" with Item.ID = OverlappedItem.ID

• OK! I actually changed thing a little. I added an animation to the obj_icon. I added a variable that is set on the click event to be equal to the obj_icon_ID. then I used:

system Pick obj_icon instance checkIconNum and then set this icon to the animation.

Thank you for directing me to "pick"!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Actually I am not sure why only part work but not all. As you can see in code below I tried 2 things:

Solution 1: variable checkIconNum is set when clicking on the icon.

Then in the drop event I pick the obj_icon and set it to ID_CHECK

This works but since the obj_icon that has the click event is still there, then you still can click there to bring the question in

Solution 2: I use the checkmark icon (obj_check) and set its inst_ID to checkIconNum

I destroy obj_icon so the click event is destroyed too

I set the opacity of obj_check to 100

Solution 2 does not always work for some reason.

Any idea why? Is the wait even not enough for the system to know what is going on?

• OK. I put the icon on 2 rows to see what happens. for solution 2, I also use pick for the obj_icon since I need to destroy that one too.

But the result is not consistent.

Here is an example:

picked inst 3 - works

picked inst 8 - works

picked inst 0 - works

picked inst 5 - check mark correct but obj_icon instance 9 is destroyed instead of 5 while the text shows 5 correctly.

picked inst 1 - check mark correct but obj_icon instance 2 is destroyed instead of 1 while the text shows 1 correctly.

picked inst 4 - check mark correct but obj_icon instance 8 is destroyed instead of 4 while the text shows 4 correctly.

so this is really bizarre!

Any suggestion why the result is weird?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)