How do I access effects properties of an object ?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hello, I'am probably missing on something ,but is there a way to access objects effect properties ,as we can access behaviours settings in events ?

Here is an example what i want to achieve:

First of all ,as you can see while seting up your events and actions you can use base properties of behaviour in expressions like: text_char.SineFirst.CyclePosition to retrieve what ever data is stored there and assign this value to a variable.

But when i want to reproduce those steps with effects like SetColor ,there is no expression for that , i cant type in something similar to text_char.SetColor.Red or anything like that to retrieve information about effects properties. For me the way effects are treated resembles some kind of a function.

Is there a way to do so ?

(if this was already addressed in another discussion sorry for the commotion)

• As far as I know, this is not possible. You need to create instance variables and change them together with effect properties. For example, create instance variables r, g, b and when you change properties for setColor effect, set the same values to the variables.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well that's a bummer ,i wish there was more versatile way to do so ,without creating variables by myself. Still thanks ,dop2000

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)