Access a database

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hi, i've being playing around with AJAX and reading strings from a webpage. I have managed to do that and now i'm trying to do the same thing but in a better way. I was wondering if there are any tutorials centred around database accessing and editing using construct. I basically know nothing i'm guessing it has something to do with SQL but thats as far as i got. Can this be done?

The basic goal

Read from a database a set of values depending on an input to the server i.e. an ID number

And a side goal is to load data into a database depending on an input to the server i.e. ID and Name

I've been trying on my own for a bit now, i tried making a php page that would access the database depending on input but then when i came to the actual database section got lost. I was wondering if there was a way to access the database directly

Thanks in advance

• Databases, SQL and PHP are a bit out of the scope of this forum. I'd recommend browsing the web where there are lots of other better sites for help (e.g. StackOverflow), many existing tutorials, etc.

• Yeah already hitting the php side of things i was just hoping that construct had an idiot proof way for me to do it with out learning php and SQL but i suppose you can't be fed everything on a plate thanks

• If you do wan't to learn a bit of those subjects, thenewboston.org/index.php has video tutorials and w3schools.com makes a great reference, but also has tutorials.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Databases, SQL and PHP are a bit out of the scope of this forum. I'd recommend browsing the web where there are lots of other better sites for help (e.g. StackOverflow), many existing tutorials, etc.

Why not add a little Web Storage? Every browser seems to support it. Maybe not a full database, but could be useful for RPG stats.

Also consider IndexedDB; it seems to be catching on fast.

HTML5 will solve all your problems!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)