How do I 2d fighting game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A well commented fighting game template to learn from or use as a base for your own game!
  • What do you mean abandoned ? As in what happen?

Some sort of "power creep" in terms of knowledge, because when I start with C2, the existing users encourage to start small, which I did, and very glad I did that! As I develop, things become clearer, so I constantly moved on into something more complex which is the reason the "lesser" game being abandoned.

The previous 7 are not really abandoned, if only I have the drive to complete them I can roll them out anytime, what is lacking for me now is "time". As a non-coder, I rather spent my time on learning C2 until I master it than spending my time doing arts to complete my small games, which doing arts is something that I'm kind of better at but time consuming, at least a much more developed skill compared to my coding ability.

Posted my first game screenshot long ago, nostalgic lol.

• Lordshiva I guess the only reason I was thinking gamemaker was because I heard it was more powerful in doing complex things and has more exporting options such as standalone exe file

• Also I was told that construct 2 cant handle large game development and that its more for short games

• Lordshiva I guess the only reason I was thinking gamemaker was because I heard it was more powerful in doing complex things and has more exporting options such as standalone exe file

Also I was told that construct 2 cant handle large game development and that its more for short games

That comes from GameMaker community right? Well, here you will heard and told the total opposite.

Anyway tools will always be tools, depends on how compatible you are with, choose what's best for you, don't let people make decision for you. Killing slime will work either using sword or bow, it's up to the character.

I have no programming skill before this, there are reason why C2 fits person like me the best. There are reasons why I never look back at gamemaker. So, find your reasons, believe it and stick with it. Feel the force Luke!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why you never look back at gamemaker may I ask ?

Also I was told that construct 2 cant handle large game development and that its more for short games

If you want to get extremely technical, you can write your own plugins for Construct. Otherwise, I've run into very little that I can't accomplish with the event system. It exports to standalone .exe via node webkit and works wonderfully to me. And C2 can more than handle large games. My RPG is quite substantial, but there are plenty of larger games with C2.

• lilvee1989 , I am by no means a game creator/developer, I am interested in interactive narrations and I needed a tool to help me do that for my graduate project. I found C2 almost half a year before graduation and immediately understood and appreciated the difference in it's event based system workflow. Before that I was looking in to Flash, Cryengine, Unity and Processing but to do even a trivial task such as creating a button, is way too difficult with those tools.

As a training project I made a game (titled "Hellrain") which is something like space invaders but with falling meteors. After that I moved to my graduate project (titled "memories") which is more like an artistic narration than an actual game. I made all the assets (art, music, sounds, programing) in just a few months time. I have to point out how terrible I am at coding and how impossible this endeavor would have being if not for C2!!!

You can play those projects, if you wish, and see what this tool enabled me to create, having no coding skills whatsoever.

http://www.eli0s.com/Hellrain/

http://www.eli0s.com/Memories/

It's a choice and personal preference. Because I evaluate based on my set of skill and compatibility, I know I'll do better in C2 than gamemaker. It's like making a choice between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.

This statement might not apply to everybody else, the manual itself is the selling point for me. It's like going shopping electronic stuff, I have the tendency to look for manual, well that's just who I am.

• so when you ran into that event problem with your game how did u fix that ?

• so when you ran into that event problem with your game how did u fix that ?

Ashley has added some functionalities (I've been using C2 a while) that do what I needed, and there are one or two plugins I use as well.

• How much are the plugins where can you get them?

• How much are the plugins where can you get them?

Just to add up from my previous post. Not trying to defame or anything, just honest insight.

I've been holding this onto myself for quite a while, I think I just want to get this out of my head and share some experience.

The community in GameMaker itself is a bit unhelpful and easy to cut off people, this maybe ok if it is from normal user, but from a moderator is a no-no. They have a tendency to close thread prematurely even though the discussion is legit. If you see this link, which one of the many threads that is yet to blossom, being closed because of a moderator personal opinion, that is seriously bad. Threads should be given chances to grow like here in scirra.

In scirra forum, this never happen, there a lot of stupid thread here but in the end somebody always comes in and giving meaningful response, making the thread seems more meaningful and educational. In gamemaker, it's a no. This thread of yours is a no-no over there, because you "won't give benefit to the community as a whole" lol.

• ninja OkAy yeah everyone seems pretty freindly too in the C2 forums. By the way what does reputation mean on on here like how do the numbers get raised up and do u get any rewards with those points

• ninja OkAy yeah everyone seems pretty freindly too in the C2 forums. By the way what does reputation mean on on here like how do the numbers get raised up and do u get any rewards with those points

I don't really know what the reputation supposed to do, but i think it is at least a spambot countermeasure. There are a lot of ways of increasing the reputation, which you can read from each badge description, even just from downloading new version increase your reputation. I never pay attention to reputation and badges, it just simply grow itself depends on your activity in forum.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)