24hr project, need help fast!

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi everyone!

I've set myself a mini challenge to create a game within a short space of time. Specifically, I won't be sleeping until it is complete.

I've been working on it for about 12 hours now, and I'm almost done, but my brain is a little frazzled.

Anyway, I need some help. I have a system whereby the player moves through a 'gate' and must be pushing a specific button as they pass through the gate. Like a rhythm game, a'la guitar hero or Marvin Spectrum.

The problem I have is that it works really intermittently. The score is supposed to increase when you press the correct button when going through the right kind of gate, but sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. More often than not it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it either, you can get several of the same gate type in a row and it will work on some but not others. I'm at a loss...

Here is a pic of the code that governs this process:

i.imgur.com/wVCqWRF.png

Help meeeeee, I'm so close, then y'all can play it!

• When you create the Gate object, its animation frame is unknown, i guess it is 0, but let's say that is unknown.. so, when you are asking for the animation frame, you are asking for the animation frame of an object with unknown variables.. have you tried it in this order?

[Add score]

Gate - Destroy

Gate - Create

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Mon dieu!

Changing the order appears to have fixed it! Fingers crossed, but you may be some kind of wizard, because I was sure I had already tried this.

But yes, all seems fine now!

I shall toast to your health!

fo'serious.

All I need now is to make the gates spawn the correct distance away from the player and I'm pretty much done!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)