How do I ''16:9'' resolution, app project

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Greetings dear awesome community!

I am a bit confused still after reading about the relsolutions on tutorial and was hoping that someone experienced here

may help me understand few things ^_^

Here it is;

I read this in the tutorial;

It's much better to pick an aspect ratio, then scale the game to fit that. For example, instead of 1280x720, target the 16:9 aspect ratio. (Just enter any 16:9 resolution for the window size in Project Properties.)

Question 1;

Here is the confusion! 1280x720 is a 16:9 aspect ratio. What do they mean here? You can't choose '16:9' ratio in the construct 2 settings, so they mean that you should choose 'a' 16:9 ratio in resolution, such as 640x360 as an example.

Is that right? Or are there any options in construct 2 that i have missed, where you can choose an automatic 16:9 aspect ratio? Otherwise why would they say '' instead of 1280x720, target the 16:9 aspect ratio'' when 1280x720 is an 16:9 ratio?

Question 2;

What resolution would be fitting for a project for IOS devices (iphone/ipad) + android devices for a retro game?

A background of 520x360 or so?

Thank you for your time in advance!

-All the best!

• This Tutorial might help.

• This Tutorial might help.

Greetings and thanks for your response! ^_^

However that tutorial doesn't support CocoonJS because a 'letterbox scale' is needed in that awesome tutorial, which CocoonJS doesn't support, so this isn't much of help for me :/

Thank you for your time though ^_^

• Have you tried compiling using Cocoonjs yet - a bit of trial and error can help you here? The cloud compiler mimics the C2 scale options, so use C2 scaling for your browser testing and then select the equivalent scale option in cocoonjs when you compile the apk. C2 Scale Outer is equivalent to Scale to Fit and C2 Scale Inner is equivalent to Scale to Fill (I think I've got those the right way 'round!!).

• Have you tried compiling using Cocoonjs yet - a bit of trial and error can help you here? The cloud compiler mimics the C2 scale options, so use C2 scaling for your browser testing and then select the equivalent scale option in cocoonjs when you compile the apk. C2 Scale Outer is equivalent to Scale to Fit and C2 Scale Inner is equivalent to Scale to Fill (I think I've got those the right way 'round!!).

I have exported from C2 to Cocoonjs and tried it on different phones, it just falls back on 'scale outer' when letterbox scale is checked since it doesnt support it. However i have no knowledge as of what you have written above, my knowledge about C2 is quite poor as my work is more in the graphics drawing area ^_^

I was just looking for a simple way to export my project as an app that works with all phone resolutions. That is all really.

Thought since C2 did not need any programming, i could buy it and use it to export my projects - i just did not know that much more problems/troubles would come with C2 other than 'programming'

But at this stage perhaps not buying C2 and instead hiring a programmer to work with me is a bit better.

I do not think it's worth being lazy to buy C2 for easy to use-no programming skills needed, but then export a lousy game

due to resolution problems etc.

Since i have asked this question before, but no one is able to give me an answer that helps me with this resolution problem. I do not know why. :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In the cloud compiler you select scale to fit or scale to fill on the first page. Cocoonjs does not pay attention to the scaling option you select in C2 - from what you wrote above you seem confused as to why cocoonjs does follow the settings you put in C2.

C2 does not require you to learn any coding but you still have to learn how to program .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)