Any Xbox One can now be a dev kit, any benefit for C2 users?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I just sold my Xbox haha

• This is awesome news, thanks for looking into it, Flump!

• Are there any requirements for making game for xbox? for example a screen resolution size or aspect ratio for xbox?

• I wouldn't get too excited.

It seems that Microsoft wants apps, not games. Game development will still be restricted to certain devs.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/u ... not-games/

• I wouldn't get too excited.

It seems that Microsoft wants apps, not games. Game development will still be restricted to certain devs.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/u ... not-games/

I don't see how that's a problem. Didn't we know all along you'd have to go through IDuht@XBOX? The point of this is that your game is deployable to the console. The red tape is still the same as it has always been, though.

• Didn't we know all along you'd have to go through IDsay@XBOX?

No. There are many that aren't aware of this.

Undoubtedly, there will still be a few kids rushing to switch their console over to dev mode before reading the fine print.

On a personal note: However "cool" it may be to test my game on an XB1, I'm not willing to convert my console and potentially screw up

some retail games I bought just for that luxury...especially when my chances of creating a successful Indie game for it are very slim.

• [quote:10ro20zb]On a personal note: However "cool" it may be to test my game on an XB1, I'm not willing to convert my console and potentially screw up

some retail games I bought just for that luxury...especially when my chances of creating a successful Indie game for it are very slim.

It's always been my impression that Xbox One gamers hardly touch indie games. One exception was Super Meat Boy and Braid but most of the time indies are a no go on that console.

• It's great news and it sounds it does not require a'lot of extra work to make it happen. But I do wonder about something and I hope someone can answer the following. I assume there are some requirements for your game to be accepted and I assume your game needs, for example, to have achievements.

I'm not sure if we are able to do that at the moment and if thats something already supported with the windows store export?

• I got it working with the latest C2 update, but my game is really simple and yet it's running a little slow... I'm thinking it's because I'm running it in debug but I'm not sure how to install it to the console so I can test it? There's a "Games & Apps" bar on the Dev Home app, but it says there are no installed games there. Is there a way to install the game so I can test it directly from the Xbox?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. Once you run the game from your PC, it is installed on the Xbox One main menu so you can run it directly from there without having to build it again.

I'm impressed, it's running great!

• There's one big problem with releasing a Xbox one game via Universal apps... Even after you get accepted by ID@XBOX, all games including universal apps will have to have LIVE integration, including Xbox Achievements.

At the moment this is a pretty huge hurdle as it will require a plugin to communicate with LIVE

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's one big problem with releasing a Xbox one game via Universal apps... Even after you get accepted by ID@XBOX, all games including universal apps will have to have LIVE integration, including Xbox Achievements.

At the moment this is a pretty huge hurdle as it will require a plugin to communicate with LIVE

Ashley already mentioned that something being in the works for the next beta cycle..

• > There's one big problem with releasing a Xbox one game via Universal apps... Even after you get accepted by ID@XBOX, all games including universal apps will have to have LIVE integration, including Xbox Achievements.

>

> At the moment this is a pretty huge hurdle as it will require a plugin to communicate with LIVE

>

Ashley already mentioned that something being in the works for the next beta cycle..

Oh wow, must have missed that.

That would be AWESOME

• Is the latest xbone Dev Mode OS version 14295? My console only updated to 14290 and im getting:

[quote:3cpk07te]Error DEP3321 : To deploy this application, your deployment target should be running Windows Universal Runtime version 10.0.14295.0 or higher. You currently are running version 10.0.14290.1014. Please update your OS, or change your deployment target to a device with the appropriate version.

• Is the latest xbone Dev Mode OS version 14295? My console only updated to 14290 and im getting:

[quote:23ujtu6z]Error DEP3321 : To deploy this application, your deployment target should be running Windows Universal Runtime version 10.0.14295.0 or higher. You currently are running version 10.0.14290.1014. Please update your OS, or change your deployment target to a device with the appropriate version.

Have you updated C2? I used to get this error before updating it.

You should also use the preview version of Windows 10 if you aren't.

Edit: I forgot to mention, do NOT mess with these options:

• Got it working. Those target build settings were the problem. Thanks andreyin!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)