Working C2 & CocoonJS combination for Game Center?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Hi folks, here's a quick one: I'm in the final stages of developing a game called Wheel & Deal for iOS and I'm kinda stuck on finding a working Game Center solution.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45952665/WHEEL_DEAL/Testicappi.mov

Atm I'm using the latest beta and it seems CJS Game Center does not work out of the box. So, any of you guys have a working Game Center high scores? If so, what combination of C2, CJS-version and CJS Cloud Compiler did you use?

Thanks in advance!

• I have been able to get my almost complete game to work with GameCenter and CocoonJS.

I use the latest version of the CocoonJS plugin from github, and the newest version of the Cloud Compiler for Canvas+. Make sure you have all the correct leaderboard id information that you have to first create in iTunes Connect. ALSO make sure on the device you are testing, that you set your GameCenter account for Sandbox mode or whatever, if I don't have that enabled the pop up of GameCenter won't come up. I referenced the example file from Ludei for C2 and GameCenter quite a bit when first setting it up also.

Good luck!

(Oh and extra tidbit, make sure you have C2 exit out of any touch before pulling open the GameCenter window because if you don't, when you come back to the game your Touch event is totally messed up)

• I have been able to get my almost complete game to work with GameCenter and CocoonJS.

I use the latest version of the CocoonJS plugin from github, and the newest version of the Cloud Compiler for Canvas+. Make sure you have all the correct leaderboard id information that you have to first create in iTunes Connect. ALSO make sure on the device you are testing, that you set your GameCenter account for Sandbox mode or whatever, if I don't have that enabled the pop up of GameCenter won't come up. I referenced the example file from Ludei for C2 and GameCenter quite a bit when first setting it up also.

Good luck!

(Oh and extra tidbit, make sure you have C2 exit out of any touch before pulling open the GameCenter window because if you don't, when you come back to the game your Touch event is totally messed up)

OK, thank you very much for the information! I did manage to get Game Center high scores working fine in my previous game, but since then many things have changed... including deprecation of CJS etc.

I will try these settings.

That extra tidbit I also did not know, thanks!

• No problem, especially the last part..it was horrible opening the leaderboards and then coming back into the game to watch my spaceship to continuously fly in circles was hilarious but incredibly frustrating.

I know keeping up with the updates of the CJS plugin is pretty important since it actually has all of the required set up for leaderboards that the original one didn't have.

I would have my game as an example but Apple is screwing me over with a bunch of stupid tax form crap not working with my account but hopefully you can get yours up quicker than I!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No problem, especially the last part..it was horrible opening the leaderboards and then coming back into the game to watch my spaceship to continuously fly in circles was hilarious but incredibly frustrating.

Haha oh yes, I actually experienced that when testing Trambo. We had a pretty tight deadline then and I just decided to skip the in-game button for Game Center and filed a bug to Ludei. Problem solved!

I know keeping up with the updates of the CJS plugin is pretty important since it actually has all of the required set up for leaderboards that the original one didn't have.

Well yeah, it seems so. It's just that I've had some nasty experiences trying to update the plugin myself. Last I tried all CocoonJS was able to deliver was a pitch black screen... I'm really frustrated with the Scirra's decision to deprecate CJS because of all this extra hassle. Also my experiences with the other exporters for iOS have been catastrophic to say the least. CocoonJS has all the stuff I need in my small(ish) games and offers the widest range of supported devices at the moment. I really need to figure out what's causing the trouble with the latest CJS-plugins.

I would have my game as an example but Apple is screwing me over with a bunch of stupid tax form crap not working with my account but hopefully you can get yours up quicker than I!

Oh man, I feel you. Apple is not the most convenient corporation to work with, but the people working there are really helpful. I'm sure you already tried to contact them, but if not, try that asap. I've had all my problems solved fairly quickly. Especially all related to contracts, banking or taxes.

• Ok, so stable r190 and the latest CJS plugin seem to work. I did something wrong earlier when trying to update the plugin, now it works like a charm. Problem solved!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)