Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview - Internet Explorer 11

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Pack of illustrator graphic styles. Make your own logos, game titles, or anything you want.
  • I've installed Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview on my Nokia Lumia 925 in order to get access to the new features .

I was surprised to see how good is IE11 since IE10 sucked big time. One of the most important update is the support for WebGL. Internet Explorer 11's performance can now be compared to Safari on iOS7 .

Also Touch.Acceleration now works

Nokia Lumia 925 (WindowsPhone 8.1, Internet Explorer Mobile 11)

Battery Level: Does not work, shows 100

Language, Platform, DevicePixelRatio, BrowserName: Works

AccelerationX, AccelerationY, AccelerationZ : Works

AccelerationXWithG, AccelerationYWithG, AccelerationZWithG: Works

Alpha, Beta, Gamma: Works

Here are Scirra's benchmarks:

Render Performance 5240~5260 objects at 30fps (WebGL)

Particles Demo 820~860 particles at 20fps (WebGL)

As a bug (don't know if is C2 or IE11's fault), I've tried my old game Bounce Line and the text boxes (not just the text) were rendered black. Also there was no music/sounds. Except that, the performance was great.

• That's quite good news

About Bounceline, I don't like Text as DOM element, you should use sprite fonts instead.

In common sense, all browsers on mobile need to activate the touch input on app it should enable the sound. Did you try?

• That's quite good news

About Bounceline, I don't like Text as DOM element, you should use sprite fonts instead.

In common sense, all browsers on mobile need to activate the touch input on app it should enable the sound. Did you try?

This is an old game made 2 months after starting to work with Construct 2 ... That is why it still uses the Text and not Sprite Font

What do you mean by "need to activate the touch input on app" ? My game uses Touch/Mouse to play

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When you open a game on browser will not play the sounds UNTIL you touch the screen.

• When you open a game on browser will not play the sounds UNTIL you touch the screen.

Of course I did that ... I was in Action Phase and already played for some time ... I thought there was some hidden settings.

• Try re-exporting Bounceline in a recent build. When IE11 originally came out we had to work around some bugs in IE's WebGL implementation, including to do with text rendering. It should be fixed now but old exports will still have the bug.

• Ashley

Yes, I will try a newer build since the one used for Bounce Line was r13x

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)