Someone I know recently tested our game built through node webkit on Windows 8. The inputs didn't work for them at all. Is this because I have to specifically build a Windows 8 build so people with that OS can actually play the game?
No node webkit works on windows 8 (it still runs all x86 apps) so it has to be something else
Maybe it's the fact I made all button presses on the keyboard and gamepad do function calls so I didn't have to duplicate the code for the controls?
i think we would need to see to the code to really help. Does the keyboard on your pc when testing it?
I would share a stripped down version but I don't know how to strip it down easily at this point or in a way that would leave the error in the CAPX since I have Windows 7 myself. It's worked fine on all computers except this one person's who has WIndows 8.
you post some screens on of it but for the most part you should try to test with another windows 8 pc to see if it happens there as-well there isn't any event i can think of the would make it work in windows 7 but not 8
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
Wish I had access to a Windows 8 computer but no one I know has one other than the guy I mentioned and he doesn't live near me anyway so I can't easily test the issue. I will see what I can do to rectify this issue and post a follow up thread later. Thanks for letting me know.
I got rid of the function calls anyway and use purely variables now which is apparently more efficient than what I was doing so that maybe has corrected the issue. I'll have to see.