Windows 10 Export Support?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Ashely, are there any plans to update C2 with Windows 10 Universal Apps support? It doesn't seem drastically different than 8/8.1, and seems like it will open up the possibility of getting C2-based games on a console other than the Wii U.

• Yes, of course - we should have support added before the main Windows 10 release.

• Nesteris it should because thats what Microsoft is going for in the end its going to work similar to how Visual studio handles C2 Windows/WP exports .

• yep that's how it's looks to be being set up. really the only thing that will need to be added is a plugin for Xbox live integration

• This email has some more information although no mention of HTML5

• This email has some more information although no mention of HTML5

An MS rep has confirmed HTML5/JS/WebGL-based Universal App support on XBox One to me directly.

• yep that's how it's looks to be being set up. really the only thing that will need to be added is a plugin for Xbox live integration

There looks to be some interesting cross-platform (among MS software) stuff going on that should allow XBL/Win10 achievements/etc. integration. I need to ask for more detailed info on that from MS, I'll post if I receive it.

• digitalsoapbox if you do post things be careful of what you share some alot the stuff is confidential haha like that email above was meant to be

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • digitalsoapbox if you do post things be careful of what you share some alot the stuff is confidential haha like that email above was meant to be

Until I've been asked to sign an NDA it's not confidential information .

• Quick update on this: after chatting w/ the MS rep today it sounds like Windows 10 Universal Apps ARE in fact entirely universal, meaning they'll run exactly the same on XB1 as Windows 10. So, as soon as C2 has Windows 10 support, it also has XB1 support - it's the exact same binary - and it sounds like the XB1 will be using the Spartan browser renderer for HTML5/JS-based stuff, including WebGL that's at least as good as with more recent Firefox releases.

Next step: I've got the name & email of the guy headlining the WebGL development, so hopefully he can provide more specific details as to what XB1 will support for UApps.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)