why games exported through nwjs use internet ?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • hi, i just exported my test project and my firewall told me the exported game is trying to connect to internet.

why is that? i give no such instructions to game to connect to internet ???

can anyone tell me why is it connecting and where? (if you want i can provide IP Addresses)

and how can i stop it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • why no replies ?

• Perhaps no one knows.... The browser object has a flag to indicate whether you're online or offline. It could be that - it cannot detect whether you're online without testing it. Does your firewall indicate where the attempted connection was being made to?

• Perhaps no one knows.... The browser object has a flag to indicate whether you're online or offline. It could be that - it cannot detect whether you're online without testing it. Does your firewall indicate where the attempted connection was being made to?

i just captured two IPs now.

IP: 216.58.205.174 (Google Inc.)

Protocol: TCP

port: 80

IP: 221.120.207.20 (PTCL) (PTCL is my ISP)

first thing came to my mind that it's pinging, second thing it's resolving dns, but it's not icmp or dns port. it's port 80 which is web port.

may be C2 games has google analytics in it? or something like that?

i don't have any browser object in my game, actually it's a first tutorial by C2, i just tested it by exporting it, and it contact internet.

it would be good if C2 team can throw some light on it.

• Most likely an updater.

You might check the app manifest and see if there's anything relevant there.

• If you run an empty nw.exe does it have the same behaviour?

• Most likely an updater.

You might check the app manifest and see if there's anything relevant there.

i don't know how to do that?

If you run an empty nw.exe does it have the same behaviour?

yeah, check it yourself if you have a firewall. i just tested a new empty project exported through nwjs, and it just tried to contact on...

IP: 172.217.23.78 (Google again)

btw i am using windows 7 64bit ultimate. and it's totally virus free. because i'm very concerned about security and thats why this connection of internet specially to google! makes me uncomfortable. if i own a game i must decide if it can go online or not.

• It's something in nwjs, which is based on chromium, which is made by Google. I found this page that sounds like the issue, don't know if it's helpful though.

https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/4669

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)