WebRTC Server?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Is it possible to run a WebRTC (multiplayer) server using something like NodeJS, instead of using a construct2 psuedo - server (a capx)? I am looking for something that will hopefully scale and run on vps or similar hosts.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • AFAIK there aren't any non-browser platforms like node.js that have WebRTC support, and even if they did you would have an extremely difficult time making sense of the Construct 2 Multiplayer protocol. A browser tab on a dedicated server is probably the best way.

• For me at least, 'browser tab' and 'dedicated server' do not make sense together. When I think dedicated server, I think 'background process' (or service), that starts at start-up. What happens if the machine hangs, power cycles, or the browser crashes? It would require human intervention to re-start. The game would be down until that happens.

This multi-player library looks promising, do you have any suggestions on design, for a more resilient server / host? OR, should I be looking at a different method multi-player communications (any suggestions if so)?

Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)