WebRtc on ios?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hello folks,

I've looked for it for a while but i can't find the information.

Does WebRtc work on ios in safari? Apple seemed to say yes with io8 but i can't get any confirmation.

Would be cool to know.

And if yes does it work in crosswalk?

Also i have a problem. I created a new dropbox account but they deleted the public folder. So i can no longer share an index.html and make it run instead of download as a single file.

Do you have any alternative? (i don't want to use a custom server for that)

• Also i have a problem. I created a new dropbox account but they deleted the public folder. So i can no longer share an index.html and make it run instead of download as a single file.

Do you have any alternative? (i don't want to use a custom server for that)

Alternative

• Yes, opera/firefox/chrome support it...

As of August 2014, Internet Explorer and Safari still lack the native support of WebRTC.

But, they did say it would be part of the iOS8 release, I can't confirm if it works.

But I don't think so, not yet

Crosswalk is android only.

Mod, I reported in error, OP asked for alternative.

• Safari and Internet Explorer don't currently support WebRTC. I don't think either have announced any firm plans to support it in future yet.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The benefit of Cordova is that you can write your own layer to core OS api's. That way the door is open to more oppertunities.

https://github.com/alongubkin/phonertc

While this api is not the solution we are looking for. it's a step in the right direction for someone to pursue WebRTC on IOS.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)