Webgl on mobile?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • I'm just wondering if webgl effects work on mobile phones or if someone could verify that they do?

I think it was discussed somewhere in the forum but I can't seem to find the answer.

• Unfortunately they don't.

Google is doing something with their Chrome mobile for webgl (working beta is available for android as i remember correctly)

• Oh that's unfortunate, thanks for the heads up I guess I won't rely on it then for mobile games

Unfortunately they don't.

Google is doing something with their Chrome mobile for webgl (working beta is available for android as i remember correctly)

• WebGL support is improving over time, but the situation right now is:

Android: Firefox supports WebGL, but due to a bug (which will be fixed) it's pretty slow. Chrome beta supports enabling WebGL via chrome://flags, which in my testing works great, very promising. Hopefully will be eventually enabled by default in the stable Chrome.

iOS: supports WebGL, but is disabled. Hopefully Apple will eventually enable it.

Firefox OS and BB10 both have good support for WebGL as well, I believe. Windows Phone 8 doesn't and may not for a long time, because MS are against WebGL (it competes with DirectX).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Webgl effects due look great for games but its probably best to avoid using the effects for mobile games until its steady, but its nice to hear that some browsers are supporting it and are close.

WebGL support is improving over time, but the situation right now is:

Android: Firefox supports WebGL, but due to a bug (which will be fixed) it's pretty slow. Chrome beta supports enabling WebGL via chrome://flags, which in my testing works great, very promising. Hopefully will be eventually enabled by default in the stable Chrome.

iOS: supports WebGL, but is disabled. Hopefully Apple will eventually enable it.

Firefox OS and BB10 both have good support for WebGL as well, I believe. Windows Phone 8 doesn't and may not for a long time, because MS are against WebGL (it competes with DirectX).

• WebGL support is improving over time, but the situation right now is:

Unfortunatally none of these suggested are available to UIWebView as part of the android Webkit :( that means these browsers don't count for compiled into a native app package :(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)