Walls and pathfinding

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • I came across a weird problem while making a game. Enemy npcs are like this - if you arent doing anything, pathfind to a random position(random x,y). If failed to find path, again - pathfing to a random position Once path found, move along it and etc... Everything should work okey, but when the npcs get near the walls, they just stop moving and stand there. I Believe that npcs have found a path, but its in the wall or something like that. and because of that, they arent doing anything. Shouldnt it be "failed to find path" at that moment ? hmmm

• You may need to regenerate the obstacle map

• Also if you're using Unbounded Scrolling the pathfinder gets weird results because it doesn't considers the area outside the actual layout size to exist

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the suggestions. After trying out lots of stuff, I found what was causing the problem. Looks like the npcs didnt like the thing with - if failed to find path, find to random x,y. By disabling it, looks like everything started to work again :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)