Visual Studio 2015 instead of IntelXDK ?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This music pack covers differents situations for visual novels, anime games and many more!
  • I manage to compile one test project for Android using Visual Studio 2015 (free edition).

It was pretty easy, just created a new Cordova project, then copy the exported files to www directory, then hit F6 (Build Solution).

I got a working apk which has ONLY 400KB in size and starts INSTANTLY (To me this is an insane difference)

The downside is that the performance is very bad. 10FPS instead of 60FPS with IntelXDK.

Does anyone know how to change the browser (to Crosswalk) or some other settings in VS2015 that will increase FPS ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I manage to compile one test project for Android using Visual Studio 2015 (free edition).

It was pretty easy, just created a new Cordova project, then copy the exported files to www directory, then hit F6 (Build Solution).

I got a working apk which has ONLY 400KB in size and starts INSTANTLY (To me this is an insane difference)

The downside is that the performance is very bad. 10FPS instead of 60FPS with IntelXDK.

Does anyone know how to change the browser (to Crosswalk) or some other settings in VS2015 that will increase FPS ?

Wow on the size!! If we can find a solution for the FPS, then this will a great alternative. Could you document the steps to create the APK on VS2015?

• You can use any Cordova publishing platform - including the Intel XDK - to get a smaller filesize on Android, but it will only run well on Android 5.0+, where the system webview has the necessary features. Crosswalk is basically a patch for Android 4.x devices.

• You can use any Cordova publishing platform - including the Intel XDK - to get a smaller filesize on Android, but it will only run well on Android 5.0+, where the system webview has the necessary features. Crosswalk is basically a patch for Android 4.x devices.

Besides, if you want to export to another platform rather than Android (Windows Phone, iOS etc.), you don't have this problem

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)