Visual Studio 2015

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This music pack covers differents situations for visual novels, anime games and many more!
  • Does anyone know...

If you export your project from Construct 2 as a WIndows 8 export, open the SLN file up in Visual Studio 2015... would you be able to build and export that from VS 2015 as an android APK?

I see VS2015 allows for exporting to android.

• Have you tried it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Going to give it a shot tonight when I get home and the chores are done..., unless anyone tells me of the madness in the theory.

• Got it to build the unsigned apk in Visual Studio 2015. Half the size of the IntelXDK build.

Do a Cordova export from Construct 2. Create a new Cordova app in Visual Studio 2015. Drag the contents of your Cordova export into the www folder of your Visual Studio Cordova app.

From there you can debug test it Ripple - Nexus and build it for android.

• And what about the Crosswalk advantages (WebGL, Memory management, Letterbox fullscreen modes supported, Support for XML parsing, Support for web fonts)??

• Dude I was just wondering this myself, glad you were able to successfully test it, now I need to try it myself.

Thank you for this!

• Trent123 I got it working using Visual Studio 2015. but I got 10 FPS instead of 60 with IntelXDK. Do you know how to specify the browser (Crosswalk version maybe) ? What FPS do you get compared to IntelXDK ? I am actually pleased that the game starts instantly and the apk is 400KB, insane difference, but performance is very bad.

• Interesting topic. If it's worth the time I might try exporting my XDK game with VS2015. Although I don't know how to sign an apk...

• glerikud if you only want to test it, VS2015 builds 2 apk : one is unsigned (and need to be signed by you) and the other apk is already signed with a debug key ready to be uploaded to your Android device.

• if you only want to test it, VS2015 builds 2 apk : one is unsigned (and need to be signed by you) and the other apk is already signed with a debug key ready to be uploaded to your Android device.

Thanks. In that case I'll definetly try it as soon as I have some time.

• Trent123 I got it working using Visual Studio 2015. but I got 10 FPS instead of 60 with IntelXDK. Do you know how to specify the browser (Crosswalk version maybe) ? What FPS do you get compared to IntelXDK ? I am actually pleased that the game starts instantly and the apk is 400KB, insane difference, but performance is very bad.

is it any different from the normal cordova Android build from Intel XDK (you know , the one that isnt crosswalk, only called Android)?

• fldr Now I realise it must be the same as the normal Android from IntelXDK. I am getting an error from trying to compile to normal Android in IntelXDK, so I could not know, but yes, it might be the same.

• Got it to build the unsigned apk in Visual Studio 2015. Half the size of the IntelXDK build.

Do a Cordova export from Construct 2. Create a new Cordova app in Visual Studio 2015. Drag the contents of your Cordova export into the www folder of your Visual Studio Cordova app.

From there you can debug test it Ripple - Nexus and build it for android.

I did a build with that method. I have no sound in my game but it runs the same if not better as it does with the XDK build. The APK size has decreased to 6MB (to the project's actual size) and started instantly on my phone.

The game I was testing (on Google Play it has an XDK build): https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... incbub.rel

The phone I used: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (Android 4.4.4)

The problems, errors I've encountered during the testing:

• No sound in the built project (I'm sure it's my mistake, because it worked fine using the emulator in Visual Studio).
    • Admob ads don't show (not a suprise).
    • Took some time fixing an enviroment variable for the JDK to make VS2015 able to start the JVM.

If someone who has experience with Visual Studio could write a tutorial about how to build our projects with it and where can we find the settings releated to it (for ex.: setting the app icon) it would help a lot of the developers in my opinion.

• > Trent123 I got it working using Visual Studio 2015. but I got 10 FPS instead of 60 with IntelXDK. Do you know how to specify the browser (Crosswalk version maybe) ? What FPS do you get compared to IntelXDK ? I am actually pleased that the game starts instantly and the apk is 400KB, insane difference, but performance is very bad.

>

is it any different from the normal cordova Android build from Intel XDK (you know , the one that isnt crosswalk, only called Android)?

I don't know honestly. I've never compiled with the Normal Android build in XDK.

• Taming Mobile Apps with Cordova and Visual Studio :

http://www.codemag.com/article/1503071

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)